Northern Territory Young Lawyers (NTYL)
The objects of the Committee are to:
(a) to promote and assist professional development for Young Lawyers;
(b) to facilitate discussion and conversations in relation to issues affecting Young Lawyers;
(c) to advance and promote the interests of Young Lawyers;
(d) to support Young Lawyers; and
(e) to assist the Society and its other committees by participation in Society's committees, undertaking research and surveys of its members and preparing reports for Council.
We are a subcommittee of the Law Society NT, and have a representative on the Society's Council. In addition, we have a representative on the Australian Young Lawyers Committee of the Law Council of Australia, which ensures young lawyers' issues are promoted at a national level.
Documents and info
- Download the Young Lawyers Committee By-law.
- Download Tips for young lawyers working from home during COVID-19
We are involved in organising professional development and social events.
You can sign up to be a member of NTYL and receive our regular newsletter here.
We have a Facebook group independent of the Society called 'NTYLpage' to share photographs and notify people of upcoming events.
- President: Sarah Strzelecki (SFNT)
- Vice-President: Darwin - Kate Bremner (SFNT)
- Vice-President: Regional - Alex Craig (Central Land Council)
- Treasurer: Nicholas Salagaras (Hall & Wilcox)
- Secretary: Linda Farantouris (NTLAC)
General Committee members
- Bahareh Jaber (SFNT)
- Yiannis Roubos (Povey Stirk)
- Kirralee Pavy (Halfpenny’s)
- Lang Williamson (SFNT)
- Michael Vailas (Bowden McCormack)
- Chris Teng (Ward Keller)
- Elizabeth Halikos (Halikos Group)
- 2019 - Sarah Dowd
- 2018 - Sarah Dowd
- 2017 - Lokesh Kashyap & Melissa Chen
- 2016 - Hugh Bond
- 2015 - Hugh Bond
- 2014 - Peter Clayton & Rose Watts
- 2013 - Emma Farnell
- 2012 - Olivia Go & Ashley Marsh
- 2011 - Ashley Marsh & Sophie Anderson
- 2010 - Donna Storey & Nick Johansen
- 2009 - Kristy Rogerson
- 2008 - Caroline Heske
- 2007 - Kris Norrington
- 2006 - Lisa O'Donoghue