Northern Territory Young Lawyers (NTYL)
The NTYL represents lawyers in the NT who have been admitted to practice for less than five years, as well as graduate clerks and GDLP students (even if not yet admitted). Despite being called the 'young lawyers', there is no age restriction on membership, and junior practitioners of any age are most welcome to get involved.
We are a subcommittee of the Law Society NT, and have a representative on the Society's Council. In addition, we have a representative on the Australian Young Lawyers Committee of the Law Council of Australia, which ensures young lawyers' issues are promoted at a national level.
We are involved in organising professional development and social events.
You can sign up to be a member of NTYL and receive our regular newsletter here.
We have a Facebook group independent of the Society called 'NTYLpage' to share photographs and notify people of upcoming events.
- President: Sarah Dowd
- Vice-President: Elanor Fenge
- Treasurer: Nadia Lim
- Secretary: Tierneigh Parnell - Alice Springs
- General member: Asta Hill - Alice Springs
- General member: Elyse Williams - Alice Springs
- General member: Stasi Hatzilaou - Darwin
- 2017 - Lokesh Kashyap & Melissa Chen
- 2016 - Hugh Bond
- 2015 - Hugh Bond
- 2014 - Peter Clayton & Rose Watts
- 2013 - Emma Farnell
- 2012 - Olivia Go & Ashley Marsh
- 2011 - Ashley Marsh & Sophie Anderson
- 2010 - Donna Storey & Nick Johansen
- 2009 - Kristy Rogerson
- 2008 - Caroline Heske
- 2007 - Kris Norrington
- 2006 - Lisa O'Donoghue