Outreach Engagement Officer - Darwin
Northern Terriotry Legal Aid Commission - Civil Law Practice
- Fixed full time contract unitl 30 June 2025
- Salary $73,091 - $90,687 plus superannuation
Under the supervision of both the Managing Solicitor of Outreach and the Managing Solicitor of the Civil Law Section, the Outreach Engagement Officer will assist and advise legal staff in the planning and delivery of legal information, education, and advice to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide advice and support to Legal Aid NT staff in the planning and delivery of community-based activities to ensure they are culturally appropriate and responsive to community needs.
- Identify and refer clients to solicitors for legal assistance and other services where appropriate.
- Liaise and network with Indigenous organisations and individuals in remote and urban communities.
- Travel to urban and remote areas as required, including overnight stays.
- Conduct community legal education activities as required.
- Contribute to quality reporting and recording systems to ensure accountability and transparency in service delivery.7.Provide administrative assistance as required.
Applications close 4:00pm Friday, 1 December 2023.