Administrative Officer - Darwin
Northern Territory Legal Aid Commission - Family Law Practive
- Fixed full time 4 year contract
- Salary $64,773 - $69,746 plus Superannuation
Under the supervision of the Administration Manager, provide high-level administrative support to the Family Law Practice.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support, including but not limited to assisting with typing, photocopying, and filing, preparing documents with accuracy, and performing administrative tasks on files/forms/documents, including the preparation of court documents, letters, and a court file index.
- Arrange for the filing of documents in Court and appropriate service of Court documents, including preparing files for closing.
- Support lawyers in client management by liaising with existing clients and other parties about the progress of their matters.
- Monitor daily court lists as appropriate and assist in the support of duty lawyer services.
- Make diary entries and amendments, take meeting minutes as required and receive and direct incoming telephone enquiries.
- Provide relief support to the Administration Manager and back up Reception duties.
- Carry out conflict checks and make referrals to and appointments with appropriate agencies and private practitioners in the event of conflict.
- Book client appointments and clinic appointments, including arranging interpreters where appropriate.
- Provide effective file and diary management systems, data and administrative systems and procedures and quality assurance procedures.
- Other administrative duties as reasonably required.
Applications close 4:00 pm, Thursday 30 November 2023.