Community Legal Educator - Alice Springs
North Australian Aborignal Justice Agency
- Salary $77,885 - $83,175
- Fixed to 30 June 2025
NAAJA is a seeking a Community Legal Educator to join the Community Legal Education (CLE) team.NAAJA is a seeking a Community Legal Educator to join the Community Legal Education (CLE) team.NAAJA’s CLE work builds on many years of developed practice and expertise. The program aims toincrease Aboriginal Territorians’ confidence and ability to navigate and influence the mainstreamlegal system. We take a community development approach to CLE and work collaboratively withcommunity members to identify local needs, deliver CLE tailored to these needs, and buildcommunity capacity. Both our urban and remote legal education sessions are informed by principlesof adult and Aboriginal learning styles and two-way learning exchanges, and our meaningfulcommitment to developing cultural competency.This position will suit someone who has a high level of motivation, energy and commitment toprofessional excellence. There will be a level of independence and autonomy with this work and aneed to collaborate effectively with a diverse team and with external stakeholders and organisations.The position is full time and will be based in Alice Springs with travel to communities across theBarkly and Central regions. The salary level will be negotiated and will be commensurate with theknowledge, skills and experience of the selected applicant.
1. Deliver NAAJA’s community legal education program, including workshops and trainingsessions with individuals and groups in remote and urban areas in the Central and Barkly regions of the Northern Territory.
2. Work with communities to build relationships and determine community legal education and social justice needs and priorities.
3. Regularly travel to remote communities and townships in the Central and Barkly regions.
4. Contribute to the effective project management of community legal education projects,including by collaborating with other agencies and organisations and contributing to funding reports.
5. Prepare community legal education publications and multimedia, including coordinating content development and distribution.
6. Other duties as reasonably directed.
Applications are close 29 September, 2023.
For more information please contact NAAJA HR
Phone: 08 8982 5100