Receptionist and Administration Assistant - Darwin
The Law Society Northern Territory
- Full time - ongoing
- Up to $50,000 dependant on experience
About the Law Society Northern Territory
The Law Society Northern Territory (Society) is the peak professional body that supports, The Law Society Northern Territory (Society) is the peak professional body that supports, represents and regulates the legal profession in the Northern Territory. The Society is governed through a Council and specialist committees which are made up of volunteer legal practitioners. The Society has a small Secretariat of staff including the CEO, Corporate Services Manager (CSM)and Manager Regulatory Services (MRS). The Secretariat comprises various roles including a small regulatory team that manages a range of legislative functions and responsibilities relating to the admission of legal practitioners, licensing, regulatory obligations, complaints against legal practitioners and disciplinary proceedings.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Responding to telephone enquiries from members of the general public and legalResponding to telephone enquiries from members of the general public and legalpractitioners including effective and efficient delivery of messages to relevant Societypersonnel, answering general queries including direction to the appropriate place on theSociety’s website or other services.
- Reception services; receiving visitors and mail deliveries including receipt and storage ofsupplies.
- Collection and processing of incoming and outgoing mail including postal mail, deliveredmail and emails, in accordance with procedure.
- Delivery and collection of items at the Courts, Post Office, and to other stakeholders;
- Kitchen services including daily emptying of dishwasher, tidying and cleaning of kitchen facilities.
- Support in relation to meetings and events including arrange catering, set up/clean upand other meeting facilities as required in co-operation with the Executive Assistant.
- Filing and archiving, electronic document management, opening and closing filesFiling and archiving, electronic document management, opening and closing files;
- Updating databases;
- Printing, copying and scanning for regulatory matters;
- Preparing correspondence
- Scanning and electronic filing of newspaper articles;
- Preparation of hard copy meeting folders as required;
- Other administrative duties where required and/or requested by management.
- Processing and coding of supplier invoicesProcessing and coding of supplier invoicesPurchase of office and kitchen supplies
- Monthly bank account report.
Applications close on Wednesday 14 June 2023 and should be submitted via Seek only and include a CV and a 1 page summary of what you will bring to the position.