Administration Manager - Darwin
Administration Manager - The Law Society Northern Territory
- Full time - ongoing
- Up to $65,000 despending on experience
About the Law Society
The Law Society Northern Territory (Society) is the peak professional body that supports,The Law Society Northern Territory (Society) is the peak professional body that supports,represents and regulates the legal profession in the Northern Territory.The Society is governed through a Council and specialist committees which are made up ofvolunteer legal practitioners.The Society has a small Secretariat of staff including the CEO, Corporate Services Manager (CSM)and Manager Regulatory Services (MRS). The Secretariat comprises various roles including a smallregulatory team that manages a range of legislative functions and responsibilities relating to theadmission of legal practitioners, licencing, regulatory obligations, complaints against legalpractitioners and disciplinary proceedings.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Providing timely and accurate secretarial and administrative support to the CEO, MRS andProviding timely and accurate secretarial and administrative support to the CEO, MRS and CSM and other Society staff as required;
- Arranging and managing calendar, travel bookings and travel allowance primarily for the CEO and other staff as required;
- Uploading of documentation and information into the Society’s document management and file sharing systems;
- Preparing correspondence, legal and other documentation and general administrativeduties;
- Word processing and paralegal duties to support legal staff including preparing courtbundles and exhibits;
- Administrative tasks in relation to scheduling and booking of meetings including liaisingwith Council and Committee chairs and members as required;
- Preparation of Council and Committee meeting agendas, collation of meeting papers and distribution to members;
- Attending Council and Committee meetings to take and prepare minutes and action lists(noting some meetings are held after 5 pm for which TOIL is offered);
- Coordinating follow-up action arising from Council and Committee meetings or decisions;
- Compiling, formatting and publishing of the Society’s fortnightly e-newsletter The Practitioner;
- Managing the Society’s Media including the website, Facebook and Twitter;
- Assisting the Licensing Officer in undertaking the licensing functions of the Society;
- Responsible for reception including answering of telephones and administration duties in co-operation with other staff;
- Delivery and collection of documents/items as required.
- Assisting in the organisation and setup of Society events, including kitchen duties as required; and
- Other duties as directed.
Applications close on Wednesday 7 June 2023 and should be submitted via Seek only and include a CV and a 1 page summary of what you will bring to the position.