Legal Administrator - Garramilla/Darwin, Boorloo/Perth or Gadi/Sydney
Enviromental Defenders Office
- Fixed term 3 years
- Salary - SCHADS Level 4: FTE $78,000 - $84,250 + 10.5% super + 17.5% Annual leave loading.
About the position:
We are recruiting for a skilled Legal Administrator to join the Safe Climate - (Gas) team within our Systemic Change Program. In this role you will play a key role in ensuring the effective and efficient management of advice and litigation files.
Your days will be varied - from preparing and managing legal documents, and ensuring legal databases are kept up-to-date, to supporting the legal volunteer program, and assisting with more general administrative support needed in the respective office.
A substantive part of this role will focus on provision of general administrative support in coordination with the National Operations Coordinators, IT and Finance Teams.
We are looking for a skilled legal administrator, with a commitment to attention to detail and accuracy, who can problem solve and work on their own initiative. You will need to be enthusiastic, and flexible, with a high level of computer competency, and ideally have familiarity with court processes and legal document management systems.
At a personal level you will be comfortable working with diverse communities, and a team player, working collaboratively in a distributed team environment.
• An experienced legal administrator or have similar administrative experience in a busy office environment.
• Passionate. About environmental justice and about the environment.
• A people person. You have the confidence to liaise with clients, barristers, and others.
• Motivated. You’ve got get up and go. You’re going to take ownership of this role and truly make a difference.
• Someone who is proactive, forward thinking, and continually focused on process improvement.
Click here to download the job description