Case Worker, Care & Protection of Children - Alice Springs
NAAJA - Alice Springs Civil Law team
- Salary of $77,210 per annum + superannuation
- Salary packaging options
- 6 weeks annual leave per year with leave loading
- Annual airfare
- Remote allowance
- Hours of Work: 37.5 hours per week, 8:00am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday
To support families to retain care of their children, work towards reunification, engage with Territory families & other services and navigate the child protection legal system.
- Work collaboratively with NAAJA civil law solicitors in each case to strategically plan the case management of the legal file, to identify the evidence that will be meaningful in the case and
to support families in their engagement with NAAJA.
- Identify appropriate services relevant to the protection concerns in the individual cases and assist clients with initial engagement. Work with the families attending programs to build rapport with families and increase their engagement in those programs.
- Where appropriate, refer client’s to services for therapeutic intervention and work in partnership with key stakeholders to ensure services that contribute to the successful family reunification are in place including community groups, family violence prevention service providers and government agencies.
- Assist families to identify kinship placements for their children while they are placed in outof-home care.
- Build capacity and insight for families by assisting them to understand the “best interest of the child” principals and how the protection concerns in their case impact their child/children. Engage in conversations that encourage families to develop effective reflective skills to help them identify behaviour or problems associated with the child protection concerns; take responsibility for their role in the protection concerns; develop insight into the impact of the protection concerns on their children; and motivate them to address the protection concerns.
- Continue working with families in collaboration with and the direction of the legal team.
- Work with NAAJA to develop evaluation tools for the case worker position.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be directed.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.
Applications must be submitted by Sunday 2nd October 2022