Secretary - Alice Springs
NAAJA Criminal Law Team
- Place of employment: Alice Springs
- Salary: Salary of PSO1 1.1 – $53,434 to PSO2 2.1 – 60,537 per annum (dependent on experience) plus superannuation
- Hours of Work: Full time 37.5 hours per week, 8:00am - 4:30pm Monday to Friday
NAAJA provides legal aid for Indigenous people in the Northern Territory, with offices in Darwin, Palmerston, Katherine, Tennant Creek and Alice Springs.
Our administrative and client service team play a vital role in ensuring that we provide a high quality, accessible and efficient service to our clients.
- Secretaries in the criminal section work within a busy legal practice, providing support and assistance to lawyers, maintaining files to legal practice standards, and working to tight time frames.
- Secretaries also provide general assistance including registering and photocopying, faxing and other administrative tasks.
- NAAJA’s client management system (“CMS”) records all of our client data. Secretaries are required to enter and retrieve client information correctly while ensuring client confidentiality at all times.
- Good communication skills are essential as Secretaries are required to answer phone calls, record messages and assist with general reception duties.
- Other duties as directed.
- Punctual, dedicated and enthusiastic individuals who have an ability to work under supervision and as part of a team.
- Previous experience in administration and office procedures is preferred but not essential.
- An understanding of the role and function of NAAJA, a general knowledge of the legal process, and an ability to communicate sensitively and effectively with Aboriginal peoples is highly desirable.
- Ability to obtain a “Working with Children Clearance” (Ochre Card) upon commencement.
- Satisfactory criminal history check and no history of disqualification from employment by a legal practice.
Applications close Sunday 2 October 2022