Civil Law Solicitor - Darwin
Northern Territory Legal Aid Commission / Civil Law Practice
- Title - Civil Law Solicitor
- Designation - Professional 1 / Professional 2
- Salary - $75,057 - $103,377 plus Superannuation (salary packaging options available)
- Duration - 12 Month Contract
- Location - Darwin
Key dutues and responsibilities
1. Deliver high quality legal information, education, advice, advocacy and legal task assistance and representation to members of the community, with a priority focus on assisting vulnerable and/or disadvantaged people, in civil law matters.
2. Liaise and network with relevant organisations and individuals to ensure high levels of collaboration with relevant agencies and minimise duplication of legal services
3. Identify wider policy issues arising from the work of the Civil Law Practice and help develop strategies to advocate to relevant agencies in relation to those issues.
4. Ensure the delivery of high-quality legal information, education, advice, advocacy and legal task assistance and representation to members of the community, with a priority focus on assisting vulnerable and/or disadvantaged people.
5. Participate in community legal education, law reform and policy initiatives as relevant.
6. Travel to regional and remote areas as required, including overnight stays.
7. Maintain and improve professional standards by keeping up to date with developments in relevant areas of legal practice and participate in professional development activities in relevant areas of legal practice and comply with Continuing Professional Development.
8. Maintain effective file and diary management systems, administrative systems and procedures and quality assurance procedures.