Senior Criminal Solicitor - Darwin
Be a part of one of Australia's most dynamic, diverse and challenging legal practices.
NAAJA provides legal aid for Indigenous people in the Northern Territory, with offices in Darwin, Palmerston, Katherine, Tennat Creek and Alice Springs.
We are considered to be a leading Australian legal service and have received both national and Northern Territory human rights awards for our work. We are committed to providing quality representation for our clients and bringing about long term change in the justice system. Our staff are motivated, dedicated and do work that matters.
NAAJA is seeking a Senior Criminal Solicitor to join our Darwin Criminal Law team.
Successful applicants will have a commitment to providing access to justice and a demonstrated empathy and sensitivity to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, history and culture.
The right candidate will have:
- At leat 5 years post-admission experience
- Significant experience in criminal trial and/or appellate work, including in superior courts
- Excellent communication skills, including in cross-cultural settings
The position offers attractive employment benefits including:
- Salary of CrimLO4 $94,084 - $100,312 per annum (dependant on experience) plus superannuation
- Salary packaging options
- 6 weeks annual leave per year with leave loading
- Annual airfare
Applications must be submitted by 3 October 2021.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply.