Legal Practitioner - Hobart
Legal Practitioner - Paula Sutherland & Associates
An opportunity exists for a Legal Practitioner with at least 2 years PAE in commercial and civil litigation in a small Hobart firm. The role is perfect for an ambitious and driven practitioner looking to become a member of a dynamic firm working across a broad litigation practice area, ideally with experience appearing in courts and tribunals, dealing with clients and other solicitors and exercising some autonomy with file carriage and maintenace with remote working arrangements optional.
The successful applicant will be exposed to complex litigation in the following areas, to name a few: Partnership Disputes, Director and Shareholder Disputes, Insolvency, Property Disputes, Securities Enforcement, Consumer Law Disputes and Franchise Disputes.
This firm is a contemporary and dynamic firm, encouraging and assisting practitioners to develop and grow their own practice, specialising in an area (or areas) that they enjoy whilst working closely with an experienced practitioner who can offer supervision and mentoring.
Qualifications & experience
- 2 years post-admission experience; although more experienced applicants are welcome and encouraged to apply
- experience in commercial and civil litigation an advantage
- experience in court appearances
Tasks & responsibilites
- Working closely with Principal on complex matters in relation to general commercial litigation and insolvency.
- Drafting a range of associated documentation
- Legal research
- Attending client meetings and court hearing
Attractive salary package with flexible working conditions, including working from home, on offer.
Applications close end of September.