Public Purposes Trust (PPT)
The Law Society PPT was established in 1988 for the purpose of improving legal education and services within the community. The PPT is administered by the Law Society NT and provides grants to fund projects that further its objectives of:
- Advancing legal education within the community
- Advancing the collection, review and dissemination of legal information within the community
- Improving community access to legal services
- Improving legal services available to the community
- Protecting community members using legal services
Applications for grants are considered by the Allocations Committee, which comprises three members, two nominated by the Law Society NT and one by the NT Attorney-General. The Allocations Committee makes recommendations on projects to fund to the Attorney-General, who has the final approval for any grant.
PROGRAM AND DEADLINES
Grants are made twice a year, and applications should be received by the end of January and July. Advertisements are placed in the Northern Territory News and the Centralian Advocate inviting applications and providing details of closing dates for submissions.
Law Society Public Purposes Trust
GPO Box 2388
DARWIN NT 0801
Telephone: (08) 8981 5104
Fax: (08) 8941 1623
PPT ABN: 48 813 464 972