Membership of Law Society NT is available to Australian Legal Practitioners holding a current practising certificate from any Australian jurisdiction. Those not holding a current Practising Certificate may apply for Associate Membership. Members receive a range of member benefits. The membership year runs from 1 July to 30 June, concurrently with the Practising Certificate year.
Renewal notices are sent at the beginning of July each year. Membership costs $264 (incl GST) per annum or pro rata.
Membership of the Society entitles the holder to:
- A subscription to the fortnightly Practitioner e-newsletter.
- A subscription to the quarterly Balance journal,
- Law Council of Australia's e-newsletter, Precis, and the Law Council Review.
- Free confidential counselling for the member and their immediate family through the LAWCARE program.
- A 15% discount on all LawCPD modules.
- Discounted membership of Qantas Club.
- An invitation to social functions held throughout the year, including the Annual Dinner, Law Week Lunch/Dinner and Opening of the Legal Year Lunch/Dinner.
- A complimentary ticket to the members only Law Society Christmas Drinks.
- Notification of Continuing Professional Development (CPD) seminars hosted by the Society and other organisations.
- Opportunity to provide comments on proposed legislation.
Page last updated 3 November 2015