Legal Complaints Investigator, Experienced Lawyer - Darwin
Law Society Northern Territory
- Part-time role for an experienced lawyer!
- Bring your broad legal background to an investigative role
- Flexible working hours, even work some days from home
Empathetic, diligent and an effortless, articulate communicator: that's you in a nutshell. The Legal Complaints world is the perfect fit for you. But that description doesn't go anywhere near describing how capable you are, how you cope with a demanding workload under pressure, your impeccable phone manner and your ability to manage your time and keep the lines of communication open; to ask for help when you need it.
In short, you're the consummate professional. And along with your 5+ years' Legal Complaints experience, it's this that would make you the perfect fit for what could be the perfect next step in your career.
In joining us, you would be stepping into a vibrant, professional and inclusive group of people who pride ourselves on the standard of service that we provide to our members throughout the Territory. With regular morning teas, drinks and other social events, the firm ensures that its team feels supported and appreciated at every turn. The wealth of experience amongst its ranks ensures that there are opportunities to grow, learn and upskill.
You will love this next step in your career as you:
- Responding to enquiries from members of the public and the legal profession about the conduct of legal practitioners.
- Conducting preliminary assessments of complaints.
- Conducting complaint investigations under Chapter 4 of the LPA and prepare detailed written investigation reports.
- Support the work of the Manager Regulatory Services, including provision of education and information to the profession through Balance articles, Practitioner alerts, CPD seminars and other events.
Not only do we offer a competitive remuneration package and the ability to work flexible hours, this is a great opportunity if you are wanting to take a step back from your busy career and enjoy the benefits of a part-time, low stress role.
Applications close Wednesday 24 July 2019.