Administration Officer - TEWLS
- Administration Officer
- Level 3 of the SCHCDS industry Award
- $26.75 - $29.50 p/h (Salary is paid depending on experience)
- Full Time
TEWLS is a community legal service providing legal advice, casework and community legal education to women in the Top End. We also work to improve the law.
The Administration Officer will assist with the smooth running of the service. The role involves a wide range of tasks, from basic reception duties to drafting the annual report.
The Administration Officer reports to the Managing Solicitor, and will:
1. Manage reception duties, including any queries via phone, email and general correspondence.
2. Make bookings and maintain the electronic office diary for legal advice sessions conducted by TEWLS.
3. Enter client and project data in the Centre database (CLSIS/CLASS) and produce data reports as requested by the Managing Solicitor.
4. Design and implement filing and record keeping systems; ensure filing and record- keeping systems are maintained and current.
5. Organise and coordinate the volunteer solicitor roster for the Wednesday night advice clinic.
6. Ensure security and confidentiality of data.
7. Monitor and maintain office supplies, equipment, furniture and vehicles; review and approve office supply acquisitions.
8. Design and implement office policies and procedures; review procedures to improve operational efficiency; and ensure office policies and procedures are being adhered to, as required.
9. Organise orientation and training of new staff.
10. Maintain a safe and secure working environment, ensuring OH & S standards are met.
11. Assist with the design and implementation of TEWLS promotion, and Communications Project where required.
12. Carry out ad-hoc project work as requested.
13. Assist with the organising and preparation of funding reports.
14. Assist with the preparations for management committee meetings and other meetings and functions as required.
15. Organise the office kitchen and ensure it is kept clean and tidy.
16. Represent TEWLS at community meetings as required.
17. Participate in staff meetings and other TEWLS planning activities; contribute ideas to projects being done by TEWLS.
18. Provide other administrative/secretarial support to the Managing Solicitor and other TEWLS staff in their duties as required, such as filing and serving court documents where required.
19. Work with the Managing Solicitor in relation to the overall functioning of the Service.
20. Conduct other reasonable tasks as requested.
The position requires an organised and self-motivated individual to form part of our dynamic team.
Please address the selection criteria in your application.
Selection Criteria Essential
1. Demonstrated ability to deliver high quality customer/client service.
2. Demonstrated ability to deal with people from a range of backgrounds.
3. High level organisational skills.
4. Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills.
5. Demonstrated ability to perform as an efficient team member and proven ability to use initiative with minimum supervision.
6. Ability to use Apple MacIntosh - Microsoft Office and various databases.
7. Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive issues with discretion and integrity.
Selection Criteria Desirable
8. Experience in a legal environment.
9. An understanding of women’s issues and legal needs, especially as they relate to the Top End.
10. Knowledge of services for women and children in the NT.
If you wish to apply for the position, please submit a resume and a statement addressing both essential and desirable selection criteria. Send your application to:
Vanessa Lethlean TEWLS
GPO Box 1901
Darwin NT 0801
Fax: (08) 8941 9935
Applications close 4pm on Friday 22 March 2019.