Paralegal / Legal Secretary – litigation / law firm
This is your chance to become part of the friendly team at a dynamic law firm in the Darwin CBD.
Piper Ellis Lawyers have a full-time position available for a paralegal / legal assistant (experience preferred) to assist our small team of solicitors with the day-to-day handling of our clients’ matters, including:
- Dealing directly with clients and lawyers;
- Collating and drafting documents, and general file organisation / management;
- Coordinating medico-legal appointments, conferences and mediations;
- Assisting with all aspects of hearing and trial preparation, including preparation of briefs to counsel and general assistance as required; and
- General organisational and administrative assistance around the firm, including in reception
Prior experience as a paralegal / legal secretary in litigation is preferred, but candidates with experience in a legal environment or very strong admin background will be considered.
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Strong verbal and written communication;
- Ability to prioritise workload;
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail;
- Great attitude, commitment and proven ability to work as part of a team;
- Experience with LEAP (or another legal practice management system) is desirable.
If your exceptional organisational, time management and communication skills are complemented by a positive attitude and friendly personality – you may be the person we are looking for to join our team at Piper Ellis Lawyers.
This is an excellent opportunity for the right person to reach their full potential in a progressive and supportive environment.
Competitive remuneration – commensurate with skills and experience.
Applications will be received in confidence.
Interviews will be held at the beginning of November 2018.