Legal Complaints Investigator - Darwin
Law Society Northern Territory (the Society)
- Part-time role for an experienced lawyer!
- Bring your broad legal background to an investigative role
- Flexible working hours, even do some days from home
We are a vibrant, professional and inclusive group of people who pride ourselves on the standard of service that we provide to our members throughout the Territory. The Society is a statutory body constituted under the Legal Profession Act (NT) (LPA), which controls the affairs of the legal profession in the Northern Territory.
We are looking for an experienced lawyer to come on board and be our new Legal Complaints Investigator. Maybe you're nearing the end of your career and ready for more work-life balance. Take a step back from your busy career and enjoy the benefits of a part-time, low-stress role.
You will need a professional and mature approach to process and investigate complaints made against lawyers through the regulatory function of the Society, pursuant to the LPA.
We need someone with the patience and understanding to represent the best interests of both the legal profession and the general public.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responding to enquiries from members of the public and the legal profession about the conduct of legal practitioners.
- Conducting preliminary assessments of complaints.
- Conducting complaint investigations under Chapter 4 of the LPA and prepare detailed written investigation reports.
- Support the work of the Manager Regulatory Services, including provision of education and information to the profession through Balance articles, Practitioner alerts, CPD seminars and other events.
- This role offers you a competitive remuneration package and the ability to work flexible hours, even from home some days!
Applications close 13 August 2018.