Solicitor / Senior Solicitor (2 positions) - Darwin
Environmental Defenders Office
Environmental Defenders Office (EDO) is the largest environmental legal centre in the Australia-Pacific, dedicated to protecting our climate, communities and shared environment by providing access to justice, running ground-breaking litigation and leading law reform advocacy.
This is a unique opportunity to join the EDO in a period of growth and rapid expansion, with two new solicitor positions for talented and experienced solicitors based in our Darwin office. We are recruiting for a solicitor or senior solicitor to join the Northern Territory Practice Team within our Healthy Environment and Justice Program (ongoing), and a solicitor or senior solicitor to join the Safe Climate (Gas) Practice Team within our Systemic Change Program (12 month contract).
- Employment location: Darwin
- Employment type: full-time
- Hours/days of work: Monday - Friday
- The chance to deliver positive environmental outcomes and develop a unique legal practice within the EDO
- A flexible and family-friendly workplace
- Extra leave over the Christmas period
- 15 personal days per year
- Ongoing professional development opportunities, including media training
Closing date: Midday, Monday 14 December