An insight into pitching your legal expertise to potential clients in the business sector. This seminar will focus on presenting to Boards and senior management teams to win new business.
|Venue:||Council Room, Law Society Northern Territory, Level 3, 9 Cavenagh Street, Darwin|
|Cost:||$99.00 incl GST|
|Level:||Suitable for all legal pratictitioners presenting to Boards and senior management with a strong interest in private enterpirse clients and large NGOs|
This session will highlight key points on how to pitch your legal skills and experience to Boards and executive management teams. It will examine:
- Identifying opportunities in line with your strategic business objectives
- Examples where regulatory changes present opportunities
- Knowing your client
- Sharing your expertise in a way to specifically target the potential client's needs
- Preparation and Presentation - what you need to do (and not do)
- The critical first five minutes
- Business decision-making - it can be cut-throat
- Understanding the role of in-house counsel
Presented by: Marcus Humphreys, Lawyer, Conoccophillips
Marcus has been an in-house lawyer and industrial relations practitioner with ConocoPhillips for the past seven years and a post graduate sessional lectureer at the Australian National University School of Legal Practice for the past eight years. Throughout his career he has retained extensive contacts in business, particularly in the resources and construction sectors.
Earn 1 CPD point in Practice Management and Business Skills (CB)