Legally Assisted and Culturally Appropriate Family Dispute Resolution – Call for EOI
Relationships Australia Northern Territory are about to embark on a project providing Legally Assisted and Culturally Appropriate Family Dispute Resolution (LACAFDR) services to families who have experienced domestic violence.
The project will include facilitating family law mediations in Darwin, Palmerston, Alice Springs, Katherine, and other rural and remote locations.
We invite Territory legal practitioners to join us in this project, by providing legal advice and representation to the parties involved. A pre-determined base hourly rate and disbursements will be paid to private practitioners.
• Your experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients, culturally and linguistically diverse clients, and interpreters
• Your experience working with vulnerable clients, including clients who have experienced domestic violence, homelessness, issues with alcohol and other drugs, gambling, and/or mental health concerns
• Languages spoken other than English
• Your experience in child related family law
• Willingness to travel remotely or teleconference to remote locations
Queries can be directed to Danielle or Ann at Relationships Australia, by phone on (08) 8923 4999, or by email to the addresses above.