The Law Society Northern Territory (The Society) has welcomed the opportunity to make a submission to Australia?s ratification of the Optional Protocol to Convention against Torture (OPCAT).
The Society represents approximately 600 lawyers in the Northern Territory including Government and private lawyers. The mission of the Society is to enhance access to justice, improving the law and maintaining individual rights. Importantly the Society is charged with considering proposed changes in the law and aiding such amendments and reforms thereof that are likely to benefit the public. In doing this the Society focuses on evidence based interventions and ensuring legal needs are addressed.Read more
More Articles ...
- Stronger Futures framework
- Notification of Forthcoming Gazettal -Department of Health Supervision Directions Pursuant to Section 43ZA Criminal Code Amendments (Mental Impairment and Unfitness for Trial) Act
- National Human Rights Action Plan
- Standing Council on Law and Justice 18 November 2011
- Sale of Land (Rights and Duties of Parties) Bill