Certificate of Fitness
To obtain a Certificate of Fitness (Good Standing) a practitioner must provide a request in writing stating the following:
- Practitioner's full name (as well as previous name, maiden name or married name)
- Date of Admission to the Supreme Court of the Northern Territory (approximate).
- Name and address of the Registering Body or Court to which the Practitioner is applying to the admitted or to be granted a Practising Certificate.
- Fee of $110 (GST included).Â Cheque made payable to the Law Society Northern Territory, money order or credit card payment.
- Only a written request signed by the legal practitioner will be accepted. Certificate of Fitness Application Form is available from the Society.
The Society will only provide original Certificate directly to the Registering Body or Court. A copy can be provided to the Practitioner upon request.
Page last updated 13 April 2015