Territory Housing staff will brief the Society about remote housing and the Strategic Indigenous Housing and Infrastructure Program. The Indigenous Issues Committee had decided to approach Territory Housing at our November meeting because of our concerns about tenants' rights and tenants advice under the new program.
The issues that will be discussed at the meeting come under these broad categories:-
1) Property rights in the land the homes are built on
2) Tenant's rights and responsibilities, and the need for tenants advice services;
3) Territory Housing policies;
4) Maintenance, repairs, construction and training;
5) Other housing related regulations.
An agenda, in the form of a list of questions has been sent to Territory Housing and has been provided to their external lawyers Minter Ellison to prepare responses to those questions.
Tuesday 10th March 14:30 - 16:30pm
Registration from 14:15pm
EventList powered by schlu.net